Sunday, November 6, 2011

Knots Prayer

Okay so I haven't written anything in forever. We have been super busy. A friend of mine posted the knots prayer on her facebook a couple days ago and I have been really thinking about it. The prayer is:

"Dear God,
Please untie the knots that are in my mind, my heart and my life.
Remove the have nots, the can nots and the do nots that I have in my mind.
Erase the will nots, and might nots that find a home in my heart.
Release me from the could nots, would nots and should nots that obstruct my life.
And most of all, dear God, I ask that you remove from my mind
my heart and my life all of the am nots that I have allowed to hold me back,
especially the thought that I am not good enough.

Amen,

(author known to God)"

I think all of us fall into one of those categories. We let all of these "nots" bring us down and away from who God made us to be. I know I do this too. I focus on the fact that I am not a mother and that I may never be one and it breaks my heart. But when I focus on what I am and what I have- I find contentment and peace. So when you start to think about all those nots, I encourage you to flip it around. Think about the positives of your life. There are enough people and events that will pull you down, don't make the mistake of doing it to yourself.


No comments:

Post a Comment