Saturday, May 7, 2011

Quick Update: So the gynecologist couldn't find anything wrong with me. I know that is a good thing but I am a little frustrated with not having an answer. Going to my regular doctor Thursday to see if he can figure it out. I should be starting my cycle any day now. Ry thinks I might be pregnant because a lot of my symptoms fall under that category of symptoms. Until I get a positive test I am trying not to entertain that idea.

Okay enough health stuff. Last week our pastor preached about happiness. His main point was that God wants us to be happy but happiness is not getting what you want. Happiness is not just an emotion and circumstances do not control happiness. I definitely needed that reminder this week.  While work was amazing and I was totally blessed during teacher appreciation week (my coworkers, students, and parents are wonderful) I had this worried feeling all week. Going to the gynecologist 2 times in one week is not fun for anyone but for a girl who wants a baby and doesn't know if she can have one it is torture. But then I started thinking about the sermon last week. I was letting my circumstances determine my happiness. I bawled my eyes out and vented to my husband last night. Then I woke up determined to move ahead. One of my favorite quotes is from Martha Washington. I did a paper on the first three first wives of America. I found this quote in my research and have held onto it. She wrote that,


"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy in whatever situation I may be; for I have learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not our circumstance."

Most of the time I am good at following those words. I give my pain to God and am of a cheerful disposition. Lately I feel like everything is compounding together and forming a weight I cannot overlook. I know that God is stronger than anything I am facing and that He won't give me more than I can handle.Putting that into practice is hard. I wake up every morning and ask God for strength for that day. I cry and I feel God empower me. But by the end of the day any ounce of strength I have is gone and I need reenforcement again. I think that's how it is supposed to be though. When life is too easy we think we can do it ourselves. Sometimes it is good to be reminded that we cannot do anything with out God. 


One of my favorite songs right now is Our God by Chris Tomlin. Our church's band does an amazing job performing this song during worship. If you haven't heard it youtube it. I cry every time I sing it. It is such a great reminder of how powerful our God is. 


I need some encouragement this week. What is your favorite quote or song when you are having a rough day? 

No comments:

Post a Comment