Monday, August 6, 2012

One step at a time

I have really been blessed during this time off. I have really heard God through sermons at our church, sermons online (we love to listen to Brentwood and the village church), and great friends.  I could write all day on the lessons I have been taught, but I am going to try to stick to one :) I have a little confession to make. I am a compulsive planer. I don't know if there really is a definition for it or if it even is a real thing, but I am constantly planning. Example most teachers enjoy their time off but I have been going crazy wanting my curriculum to do all my planning for the year. I walked to work Friday to pick it up. I like to have a plan and most of the time I don't stick to a quick an easy three-step one. Like when I was 14 I planned my whole life. I was going to get married at 22, have my first kid at 25, second at 27... and so on til I had 5 kids. I'm not saying planning is bad because we definitely need some of it. My problem though is God gives me one step and I automatically start thinking well if God told us to do this we'll have to do this and this and this. What I am trying to learn though is to just take that step and wait til HE gives me the next step. That is hard for me. I am good with waiting if I know the end goal. I can plan and dream and get ready. But God has been telling me "No ma'am. When you reach this step. I will give you the next one. Stop trying to take over. I direct your steps- not you." My plans have really been shaken up lately. I think I know where we are going but I don't. Try as I may I can't. No amount of planning matters if you aren't going the right way. So my job is to listen and when God says move- to move. I have to trust that when the time is right God will give me all I need to do what I need to do. So this week I am going to work on that. What are you guys working on?

No comments:

Post a Comment