Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful

Hey everybody. Its November and everyone has been posting what they are thankful for and I figured instead of doing a daily thing I would just write all mine at once. (And yes I know we should be thankful all the time not just around Thanksgiving :) I've been learning a lot about thankfulness lately because I have been guilty of worrying and complaining about what we don't have. We have a lot of bills but God always provides. We don't have a house but we have a nice cozy apartment that works for us. We don't have kids but are blessed to volunteer with an amazing group of kids at youth group. Also since I teach I've been blessed over the years to have over 100 kids to take care of/ teach. God really taught me that at youth convention this year. I may not be a mom but He has brought so many blessings (children) into my life and if was a mom maybe I wouldn't be able to have as much of an impact as I am able to now. Its crazy how some things we may consider curses are really blessings. I still don't understand why I can't have children and why we are still waiting on the phone call to be foster parents. What I do know is that I am going to use this time to the best of my ability to positively influence the lives of the kids and youth He has put in our lives. God knows best.

So I am thankful for:
God- I am so blessed that the Lord of the Universe loves me, has forgives my sins, and treats me as one of His children.
 Ryan- I have an amazing husband. He is more than just a husband, he is my best friend and love of my life.
 My family- I love my family and they are awesome. I wish we got to see each other more often but I am blessed by the time we do share.
 My friends- God has blessed me with some of the most wonderful friends ever. Everywhere God has sent us, He has brought people into our lives that have blessed us greatly with their friendship.
 My job- I get to teach kids. I love it. It has its tough moments but it is so rewarding.
 Chandelle- I love my puppy. She brings Ryan and I so much joy. She is as Ry says our "dogther" (dog/daughter)
 health- my health is not always the greatest but every morning God gives me the strength and health I need to get through that day

I could go on forever and I won't put all of you through that. I just want to say thank you to all the amazing friends and family I have. Y'all rock :) Love ya lots.

                                                 

1 comment:

  1. Miss you...I'm thankful for your friendship! Love and hugs :)

    ReplyDelete