Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 27- Determination

Last week when Ry and I were leaving church, we both looked at each other and had the same thought. Each week we always seem to hear just what we needed to hear that week. We love our church. Not only was the adult service awesome, but God even used what I was teaching to the elementary kids to teach me. I definitely got a double dose last week. I wanted to write about this earlier, but its been a crazy week. We decided to go full force after trying to get Ry a pilot slot with the Air National Guard. Things fell through with MARC, so we see it as God closing that door so we'd know what to go after. I know this all may seem off topic, but it fits I promise.

Last week in church we started a new virtue with the kids: Determination. "Determination- deciding its worth it to finish what you started." As I prepared to do my small group lesson I really thought about how determined I was to follow through with the no meds to get pregnant decision. I've had a lot of support and I am still just starting this journey. In a year, will I have stuck to it? I am determined for that answer to be a yes. God put me on this path for a purpose and I am going after it. Yes, I want a baby and modern medicine may have a short cut for me to get there, but what would I be cheating myself of? Through this journey God is growing me into the woman He wants me to be. Reading the lesson for this week, the bottom line is, "keep doing what you should do so you don't miss out on something really good." That is so true! Ry and I are determined to follow the path God has for us. He may have closed a door on Ry with missions aviation, but maybe that was so He could open a door to military aviation. If we focus too much on when God tells us "no", we will miss out on what He tells us "yes" to.

 Jeremiah 29:11 is a verse of scripture quoted a lot. What many miss is the passage before it. Jeremiah is writing about how they are going to be exiled. How they aren't going to get what they want right now. But then in verse 11, he brings them hope. A reason to be determined to follow God's plan, even though it doesn't make sense. "'For I know the plans I have for you,' declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." All this to say, if you know what God is calling you do to do, be determined to do it. Chase after it with all of your heart. If you don't know, keep following Him and be determined to trust his plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment