Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 34- Believe

First let me apologize that it has been so long since I have posted anything. Work, school, and helping Ryan get his packet ready for the ANG boards has kept me pretty busy.

I have been reading in Matthew the past couple of weeks. Matthew has so many miracles in it and before almost all the miracles it talks about Jesus having compassion on the person he does the miracle for. I love that because it is an awesome reminder of how much God loves us.

Another big theme in Matthew is faith. Matthew 7:7 says, "Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened for you." Knock and it will be opened has really been happening in our lives lately. It just seems like God keeps opening up doors for Ryan concerning the Air Guard boards coming up soon. I won't go into details, but it is pretty awesome. (Please continue to pray for God's will with Ry trying to find a pilot job/ join the Air National guard). Another verse in Matthew is 19:26 when Jesus says, "With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." A third verse is Matthew 21:21-22 where Jesus says, "If you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but also if you say unto this mountain, 'be removed and be cast into the sea," it will be done. And whatever things you ask in prayer believing you shall receive."

Those verses and many more speak to the power of our belief. Do we really believe that God can do what we are asking? I miss my child like faith sometimes. I love talking with the kids at work. They believe that anything is possible. Superheros and fairies are real. They have not been corrupted by this world that tells you to be realistic. I'm not saying that being realistic is a bad thing, just that it has a time and place. When it comes to our belief in God and His power, we can and probably should be "unrealistic." He tells us over and over just believe. But it can be hard. I am not saying this is easy. I struggle with it too. I just want my prayer today to be like the father of the sick boy that says, "Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:24)

One of my close friends is a huge Andrew Peterson fan. His newest sing is called "Dancing in the Minefields." I love this song. Its a story of a couple and their faith in God. That God is with them so they can dance in the minefields. In real life would any of us really dance in a minefield? People would call us crazy, but I say let them. God calls us to do things all the time that people might call crazy, but since we have God on our side the crazy thing is not to listen to Him. Please understand that I am speaking metaphorically and don't go find a minefield (well unless you really feel like God is calling you to do that :)

I will leave you with a quote from John Calvin. "Our own unbelief is the only impediment which prevents God from satisfying us largely and bountifully with all good things."

BELIEVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment