Wednesday, June 20, 2012

just an update

I haven't written in a bit so I figured I'd get on and write a quick update. Physically I have not been doing well lately. I am exhausted and hormonal. My cycles have decided to stop being regular. So frustrating but not the end of the world.

We are moving along with our foster care applicant process. Saturday we got fingerprinted. We are almost done with the thick packet of paperwork. We finish that up and send it in. Then we have six weeks of classes and a home visit. After that if we are approved we will be licensed to be foster parents.

Also, on September 1 our lease is up. Hard to believe we have lived in Alaska for almost a year. Its flown by. We are still enjoying it even though we've been told this is not a good summer. We are trying to figure out what to do when our lease is up because we do not like our current arrangement. After living below a very LOUD family, I would like to apologize to anyone who has lived below us in the past.  Being on bottom is miserable. So we are looking for a new place which is hard because of other things that are up in the air right now.

I think that's about it for us. I am sure I am missing something though. Below are some recent photos of our latest Alaskan adventures.

 Trying to hike Exit Glacier and getting stuck in snow up to my hips. Learned that even in May you may need snowshoes to hike in AK.
 Kissing the hubby on a dock in Seward.
 Hiking up Black Tail (a  7+ mile hike)
Chandelle's first boat ride


No comments:

Post a Comment