Saturday, July 21, 2012

Almost There

Yesterday was my last day of summer school so I am officially starting my summer break. Hopefully that means I will have more time to relax and write on here. I do have a huge crate of homework though. So we will see. Summer school was good. My students were great. I had fun and I think they did too. So while I am sad to see it end, I am happy for a little break before the school year.

Thursday night Ry and I start our Resource Family classes. We are really excited to finally be moving on to the next part of this journey. We have been praying and praying and really feel that this is where God is leading us. At the beginning I thought I was kind of pushing Ryan into doing it, but now I see that he is just as excited as I am. We've been talking it over and God has really opened up our hearts to want to foster/ adopt kids. In the beginning Ry was very strict about what he wanted. Our age range was birth to one year. Somewhere along this road his mind changed and I think our range now is birth to 7 years old. When I was in high school I felt that God was telling me that someday I was going to have my our orphanage. That has been my heart for many years. At that time I was thinking I would have my own family and my career would be the orphanage. Over the last month or so God has really flipped that around. The "orphanage" is going to be my family. We are going to bring kids without families into our home and give them a family. It is not going to be a job. Its going to be our life. I was kind of nervous to tell Ry that but when I did he said he felt the same thing. So needless to say we are very excited.

Ry's family came up and visited us the first week of July. We had a great time. We got to explore more of Alaska. Below are a couple pictures from that trip.

 Denali National Park.
 Moose! We saw him/her almost everyday while we were in Chena.
 Having fun in the Chena Hot Springs :)
 Chandelle went through her first dog agility course. It was easy to get her to go through the tunnel. We'll have to practice the rest.
 Chandelle and the goose that bit her.

  Ry and I at the Ice Museum. Yes, I am playing a xylophone in an igloo :)
 Borrowing Santa's sleigh up in North Pole.
 Have to give Santa a high 5!

  Playing at Pioneer Park in Fairbanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment