Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Not Perfect

I have a lot on my mind right now and not a lot of time to type. This may be short. Life has been absolutely insane. So many appointments and that's not even the half of it. So that is why i have not been writing. Lack of time. I'm either too busy or too tired. My verse that I keep reminding myself (and it was actually my students penmanship test verse today) is Isaiah 40:29-31
"He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 
Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 
but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint."

So I am trying to continue on. I heard something on the radio the other day that I wanted to share. I really related to it and I think some of you may too. There are days that I feel like an absolute failure at being a mom. I get that nagging thought in the back of my brain that says this is why you can't conceive. So I was in one of my down moods and I hear the lady on the radio talk about how she felt inadequate compared to this super mom she knew. But then she thought about Mary who was just a teenager when she had Jesus. She didn't have any extra preparation. She was just willing so God chose her. That got me thinking. Nowhere in Scripture to my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) does it say Thou shalt be Supermom and never mess up raising kids. Yes we do have the example of the Proverbs 31 woman to look up to and strive for however its okay to not be perfect. I don't need to put all that pressure on myself to be perfect and compare myself to other moms that I think are perfect. So moms out there give yourself a break. Its okay. On those tough days just be willing and let God take over and give you those eagle wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment