Friday, February 14, 2014

Valentine's Day


I want to start off by sending out a huge thank you for your prayers. I am doing much better. No more wraps or being contagious. Best of all I can hug Ryan and the kids at the school. I have been back at the preschool and got many hugs and heard the chants of "Teacher Jenny" before I even got to the classroom. Such a blessing to be healthy again.

While I am physically healthy again my emotions have been a roller coaster the last few weeks. I guess that goes along with the infertility struggle. I have been crying and begging God for a miracle. Not just a miracle in us being able to conceive but a miracle in us being able to foster or adopt here. They do not do foster care here- correction they DIDN'T do foster care here. The government just approved an organization here to start a foster care program. The pilot (first) foster care program for the whole country. It is completely unheard of until right now. Up until now they have believed if the family members won't take the children in (kinship foster care) then the best place for them is in an orphanage. Now social workers are being trained next week and in March they are having parent training. Precious children are going to get a family. The little girls from the orphanage we visited on Christmas who begged me to take them home will get a home. My heart is overflowing with happiness. We had a meeting on Monday and are officially on the "potential foster parent" list. We have had our documents from Alaska e-mailed to us to show we have had training and been approved in the States. Now we just pray and wait. Nothing may come of this for us. While I'd be heartbroken, I will still be thankful they gave the children a family. However I can't help but believe that God brought us here and now for this. (See Esther 4:14 "Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?") That it is Him intervening on our behalf and on the behalf of our children. Maybe that is just the cry of my heart. I am praying: 

Psalm 68:6 "God sets the lonely in families" 
and
Psalm 113:9 "He settles the childless woman in her home
    as a happy mother of children.
Praise the Lord."

Even if it is not for us. Let them have a family. 

Today is Valentine's Day and I can't help but look back on last Valentine's Day. I am a crazy nostalgic person. Speaking of crazy, last year it was one of the craziest days of my life. We had M and K. Between getting them to school with valentines and treats, teaching, hosting a party for my class, conferences for my students, and then 4 appointments for the kiddos- I was wiped out when I got home. But then I got hugs from the kids and valentines. My heart melted and it was one of the best days. We have the valentines in our safe because they are so special to us. Wow, how I miss those kiddos. 

Thinking about M and K I can't help but think of other children who are in foster care or don't have a family. Please say a prayer for them. Today is all about LOVE but what if you don't have anyone who loves you? Jesus loves all of us but what of those who don't know Him? As we celebrate love let us be thankful for the love of Christ and the people in our lives who love us. Let us also remember to lift up the lonely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment